Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waves

Why is it that things seem to go in waves? Why is momentum so hugely important in everything? And then there's just the randomness of related events that seem to happen at the same time while also seeming to have nothing to do with each other. What's up with that? For instance, since I arrived in LA (almost a year ago now) I have had little interest in pursuing the fairer sex, and the fairer sex in turn has not coordinated a campaign to pursue me. There have been isolated inquiries and probes but nothing serious enough to reach stage one of the relational networking scale (exchanging phone numbers). This last week however I have been phone numbers by four different girls and I have a casual date for tomorrow (a classical stage two in relational networking). The women have found out that I am in LA.

My personal opinion is that momentum is born where opportunity and posturing meet. Lately I have been trying to posturing myself as a fun and attractive small town boy full of potential. I have been focusing on developing this identity/posturing so that I can easily take advantage of professional opportunities when they arise. I guess this last week I've just been running into more personal opportunities than professional ones.

No comments: