Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One Miserable Night

Last night, after Becca and I broke up, I was up most of the night coughing, sweating, blowing my nose and taking trips to the bathroom to relieve myself. This being sick stuff really sucks! For the majority of the morning I tried to find a way to get to the doctors. I would have simply driven myself there but my fever had left me so weak and dizzy that I didn't dare get on my motorcycle. So I called up some friends, but they were either out of town or I couldn't get a hold of them, so I tried calling a cab. The trouble is that since I live so far away from the center of LA that most of the cab services don't range this far. I finally found one that did when my friend Jeff called me. He had gotten my message and even though he was on his way out of town he called up some other mutual friends and found someone who wasn't busy today and was able to help me out. So I canceled the cab--and I'm glad I did, and my friend David took me to the urgent care center, stayed with me and even filled out my paper work for me! The whole visit to the doctor's took about 4 hours, but he didn't complain the whole time. I am truly blessed to have the friends I have. 

No comments: